Thursday, December 5, 2013

Stepping into the PR world

Once you sign up and register for all the conferences and leadership conventions. You know it is time to get serious and put that game face on and network your life away. On a personal note, when I went various conferences and conventions I was a whole new person together to get the contact information that I was able to get. Going to the Biz Bash Idea Fest, the amount of contacts I was able to get was a new experience. Although you have be yourself.. you have to be a different side of yourself. The professional side with a slight of humor that the public can open up to you and get a warm feeling with you right away that they want to do business with you.
The amount of emails I have received wanted to do business with me and my partner was mind blowing.
Because of this event, it pushed and motivated to actually open up my own business. I kept all contacts personal and told them I was an freshly about to be new graduate willing to open up my own event planning company.



The best part of networking is the end result. At the end of the conferences, I was offered an internship in Washington, D.C. for Pixe Photography. They travel around the world taking photos for Fashion Week Internationally major events in New York City. For conveniece I was able to the another internship at Manilla. com a subcompany apart of Heart Corporation.



No comments:

Post a Comment